Coronavirus outbreak - Tuesday 11 February 2020
Dear Enko parents,
As of today, there are no confirmed cases of Covid-19 or Coronavirus in [country]. That said, the risk is to be taken seriously: the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a global health emergency, and the increasingly close ties of Africa to China increase the risk.
Even though there are no immediate risks in our areas, we want to make it an opportunity to reinforce our hygiene standards and make sure that students are practicing good hygiene both in and out of the school, at all times.
Actions taken at school include:
- Soaps and hand sanitizers are readily available in the school for students, staff, and visitors (in all bathrooms, classrooms, and at the school entrance and canteen).
- Students have had a session on how to practice good hygiene (washing their hands, covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing, not sharing drinks or foods). More sessions will be regularly organized.
- School infrastructure and equipment cleaning procedures have been enhanced: for instance, desks and door handles are being regularly washed with disinfectant.
- If a case is suspected within the school, the student won’t be allowed to return to school until all symptoms are gone.
- The school will be keeping in touch with local medical advice in [city]. If there are serious signs of infection within the school’s area, the school will notify parents and begin to implement action plans which may include more stringent health checks, changes in the school’s organization.
- In the unlikely event that the school will close because of an outbreak in the city, the school will put a plan in place for online classes.
We count on your vigilance to support us in implementing this protocol:
- Please make sure that all the basic rules shared above are also respected at home.
- If you have recently traveled or are in contact with people who did so, be vigilant of symptoms.
- If your child feels a little sick or has symptoms such as a cough, headache, please keep your child home and make sure the child consults a doctor.
We will keep you informed should there be any evolution in the protocol in place. We kindly thank you for your cooperation,