School Closure - Burkina Faso
Dear Enko parents in Burkina Faso,
We are following the government’s decision to close all schools in the country for a period of 3 weeks. Enko Ouaga campus is aligned with this decision and have planned an action plan for their students during this period.
As we continue to monitor the situation for students and staff in our Enko schools, we would like to inform you about the measures we have taken about the Coronavirus outbreak.
In order to facilitate communication towards our parents and students, we ask you to please ensure the school has your most recent email and phone number in our system. Please check your emails and SMS regularly for updates.
Each school of the group is ensuring that the necessary hygiene measures have been applied in their schools and these will remain in effect until the pandemic is over.
Enko schools are also working on an action plan in the rare event that they ever do need to close.
- Schools will close if they are advised by local authorities to do so or if there is a positive COVID19 case in their schools. During this time, the school will decide whether to continue to stay closed and will be disinfected.
- If schools are closed for longer than 3 consecutive days, they will implement a plan for distance learning. The length of time schools will be closed will be decided in collaboration with local medical authorities and ministries, and the Enko Education COVID19 Task Force.
We count on your vigilance to support us in these measures against the virus:
- Please make sure that all basic rules previously communicated are also respected at home.
- If you have recently traveled, are planning to travel, or are in contact with people who have, please let the school know and be vigilant of symptoms.
- If your child feels a little sick or has symptoms such as a cough, headache, please keep your child at home and make sure the child consults a doctor
We will keep you informed should there be any evolution in the protocol in place. We kindly thank you for your cooperation,